Get Involved — Volunteer!
When parents volunteer, all students benefit! Both the school and WSF provide many opportunities for parents and community members to get involved at school, in the classroom, and at events throughout the year. Before you sign up, be sure you have the proper volunteer clearance level, per LUSD policy. Already cleared? Let us know you volunteer interests today!
LUSD COVID REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Cleared volunteers need to provide the school with a COVID Vaccination Record prior to volunteering. This will be scanned, kept on file, and verified every time you arrive at school to volunteer.
- If you are not vaccinated against COVID, you will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours. PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO TESTING AVAILABLE AT SCHOOL.
LUSD CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADULT VOLUNTEERS
The LUSD Board has in place a policy and administrative regulation for volunteers. Ensuring you have satisfied the appropriate level of clearance is critical before you sign-up to volunteer. Depending on the clearance level you are applying for and the time of year, the process can take several weeks so start well before you need the clearance.
- Help in office, library, classroom, or field trip with constant presence of district staff
- MAY NOT BE LEFT ALONE WITH STUDENTS
- Level A PLUS…
- Event chaperone; field trips; help on playground, in lunch areas, and in parking lots.
- MAY BE LEFT ALONE WITH STUDENTS
HOW TO GET VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE
STEP 3: LUSD Human Resources will contact you to arrange a time to come in and have your driver’s license scanned into the system. If you are applying for Level B clearance, you will also need to be fingerprinted and LUSD HR will provide you with the paperwork to be fingerprinted at the most convenient live scan facility. There is a fee associated with this.
STEP 4: You will be notified via email by LUSD Human Resources when your volunteer application has been approved. The school will also be notified as well. PLEASE NOTE: Until this notification is received, you will not be allowed to volunteer at school.
CHECKING IN AT SCHOOL
- When you arrive at school, you are required to check-in in the office and must bring with you a valid ID and proof of a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours if you do not have a COVID vaccination record on file with the school. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have proper volunteer clearance, ID, or COVID records when you check in, you will not be allowed to volunteer.
Lammersville Unified School District uses a volunteer/visitor management system, Raptor. Raptor enhances school security by reading a visitor's drivers’ license (or other approved state issued ID) and comparing it to information in a sex offender database. If a match is found school administration will be alerted.
Raptor helps our schools track visitors and keep unwanted visitors out. By proactively alerting personnel to certain potential threats, Raptor allows school administrators and law enforcement personnel to take appropriate steps to keep the students, employees, and visitors safe. For verified visitors, the system prints badges that include the visitor’s name, photo, date, and destination. Badges enable personnel within the building to quickly determine if visitors are in areas where they should or should not be.
The scanner is able to scan all state licenses, state identification cards, concealed handgun licenses, consular ID cards, green cards, active military cards, and passport cards (not the full passport). It does not officially scan other countries’ IDs. Visitors without a government issued ID can be verified and allowed entry to campuses by providing their last name, first name, and date of birth through the main office. We request that all visitors and volunteers bring in a form of identification each time you check-in to campus.
Raptor is only scanning the visitor’s name, date of birth, and photo for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders and any confidential alerts at the school. Additional visitor data will not be gathered and no data will be shared with any outside company or organization.
By employing the Raptor volunteer/visitor management system, it is our goal to increase the safety of our schools and provide an enhanced customer service experience that increases accuracy and is user friendly. Should you have questions regarding the new system, please contact your school administration or Human Resources.